Excel Compare 3.0 (July 2011)
- Full support of Windows 7;
- Full support of Office 2007 and Office 2010;
- Support of Office Open XML file format;
- Allows the user to copy a header from the original sheet to a report.
Excel Compare 2.4
- Fixed the bug that caused the "Access violation" message to appear when
he program was started for the first time;
- Fixed the bug that caused the "List index out of bounds" message to appear;
- Fixed the bug that caused incorrect comparison results if the spreadsheet
had the hidden columns.
Excel Compare 2.3
- Bug fixed: The program failed to work, causing an error "Cannot open clipboard".
Excel Compare 2.2 beta
- Some critical and minor bugs are fixed.
Excel Compare 2.1
- Allows searching for matches between several rows which have the same identifier when the "Unique Identification" method is used;
- The "Save report to file" option allows you to save the reports automatically;
- Bug fixed: The error message occurred when trying to close Excel documents first and then close the application;
- The "Clone Current Page" command allows you to create a copy of current page;
- Changed: the "Run a procedure..." editbox on the "Macros" tab should have a procedure name only (without the module name).
Excel Compare 2.0.5
- Bug fixed: The report was being created incorrectly if the "Direct Write" method is used and if the worksheet contains numbers in the scientific notation (like '3E350').
- Bug fixed: The program failed to work if last column of the compared spreadsheet is "Z".
- Bug fixed: The program failed to work, causing an error "Privileged instruction" or "Cannot open clipboard";
- Bug fixed: Added rows are not displayed correctly in the report if between them there are rows containing duplicated identifiers.
Excel Compare 2.0 (June 8, 2004)
- Uses the high-speed Direct Write technology;
- Allows the user to create a new project using the New Project Wizard;
- Allows comparison of sheets that contain a database structure or unique identifiers (primary keys);
- Improved high speed comparison algorithm for the data not containing unique identifiers;
- Allows the user to select a range and columns interactively;
- Allows the user to customize report subtitles (the red output messages earlier): subtitle text, font, color, sizing;
- Allows entry of a column name or a row number for the coordinates of range;
- Allows compared sheets to be replicated in a new report workbook;
- Extended the information report header;
- Associates Excel Compare with Excel Compare Project file (.ECP);
- Supports Windows XP themes;
- Multilingual interface
- Bug fixed: The program failed to work, causing an error "is not a valid integer value";
- Bug fixed: The program failed to work, if a compared spreadsheet are protected, causing an error "Unable to set the Hidden property of the Range class";
- Bug fixed: The program failed to work, if one Excel sheet is not a worksheet, causing an error 'Sheet "name" not found.';
Version 1.0 (January 2003)
- Allows for the division of the report into three parts: deleted, added and changed data;
- Now supports the comparison of files with the same names located in different directories;
- Allows for the comparison of all files located in two different directories;
- Allows for the comparison of all sheets with the same names in two workbooks;
- Allows easily to select a sheet name from the list of sheets available in the workbook.
Version 0.9.8 (October 2002)
- Highlighting individual cells that have changed or are different;
- New option: close all files opened by Microsoft Excel after comparison;
- New option: close all report workbooks after comparison;
- Attached macros are of two types:
Now all macros are being attached and run after comparison;
Fixed bug in command line parameters with macros (parameter /proc).
- to each report worksheet (local macros, sheet level);
- to the report workbook (global macros);
Version 0.9.6 (May 2002)
- Added three comparison methods that determine what two rows have changed
- New comparison options:
- If there are no differences, the report will not be created
- Create all reports of the project in the same workbook
- Allows to automatically add the user-defined macros to the report workbook from external file and then to run this macro
- Added Project toolbar
Version 0.9.5 (May 2002)
- New report option: relevance percent
- Eight new options in command line parameters
- The report options are kept for Project settings
- Fixed bug at data extraction when the spreadsheet has invisible rows
Version 0.9.4 (April 2002)
- New features:
- New more correct and fast comparison algorithm;
- More correct creation of the differences report;
- Allows quickly to go to any page of the current project.
- Bugs fixed:
- In the hyperlink that is created after comparing two spreadsheets that contain a space in the spreadsheet title;
- The information from cells of a sheet that contains linefeed- or carriage return-characters was taken incorrectly. In this case the line-calculation was unsuccessful.
Version 0.9.3 (March 2002)
- Added Projects support:
- Can be saved by name for fast access by using main menu;
- The quantity of pages is not limited.
Version 0.9.1 beta (Feb 2002)
- The new fast algorithm of comparison;
- The new options of the report creation:
- the order of the changed data: by the whole blocks or single lines;
- a mode of the data copying: values only or values and formats.
Version 0.9 beta (Feb 2002)
- Fixed: extract of the data from a worksheet. The method of the data extraction is changed on more reliable.
Version 0.8.3 beta (December 2001)
Version 0.8.2 beta (November 2001)
- Supports opening the selected file in Microsoft Excel for editing;
- By default the active sheet after opening is used, if the name of a sheet is not entered;
- By default "Used Range" is used, if the range is not precisely specified;
- Supports an insert hyperlinks to compared sheets in the Difference Report;
- Help file (*.chm).
Version 0.8 beta (October 2001)
- The first public beta version